The Functional Learning Centre provides a wide range of services to individuals with autism in Greater Victoria. We provide evidence-based behaviour analytical services to allow learners achieve their full potential.
FLC is seeking Behaviour Interventionists (BI) for contract positions. This is a self-scheduled position that starts slow and provides many opportunities to grow within the organization. You will be trained in ABA Behaviour Intervention and will be shown how to implement the client-specific behaviour programs. This is a great starting opportunity for anyone wanting to pursue a career in ABA Therapy.
- Provide intensive one-on-one and small group instruction.
- Follow prescribed programs as written and seek consultation as needed
- Responsible for maintaining ongoing data for each child that will help in monitoring the child’s progress and program integrity
- Participate in scheduled team meetings as required
- Present information (both written and oral) sensitively and effectively
We are looking for candidates with:
- at least 6 months experience working with special needs populations
- post-secondary education in a related area of study e.g. Early Childhood Education, Child and Youth Care, Psychology, Social Work, Special Education Assistant or Community Support Worker
- comfort with computers and data-taking is required
- the willingness to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Preference will be given to those who have either experience with a previous ABA program and /or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check.
Interested candidates should fill out and submit the form below.