DISCRETE TRIAL TRAINING (DTT)
1. Discrete trial teaching is a specific methodology used to maximize learning.
2. It is a teaching process used to develop most skills, including cognitive,
communication, play, social and self-help skills.
3. It is a strategy used for all ages and populations
The technique involves:
1. Breaking skill into smaller parts
2. Teaching one sub-skill at a time until mastery
3. Providing concentrated teaching
4. Providing prompting and prompt fading as necessary
5. Using reinforcement procedures